|
Advertisement Space

Oyo Abduction: Adeleke orders immediate revamp of Safe School Initiative in Osun

By News Agency of Nigeria  •  May 18, 2026, 12:56 pm
PHOTO: Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke. Credit: X/Ademola Adeleke.

OSOGBO, Nigeria (Agency Report) — Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke has directed the immediate revitalisation of the Safe School Initiative following the recent school abduction attack in Oyo State.

NAN reports that gunmen on Friday invaded Baptist Nursery and Primary School, Yawota, and Community High School, Ahoro-Esinle, in Orire Local Government Area of Oyo State, abducting pupils, students, teachers, and a vice principal.

Two people — a primary school head teacher and a motorcyclist — were also killed during the deadly attack.

The directive was disclosed in a statement issued on Sunday in Osogbo by the governor’s spokesperson, Olawale Rasheed.

According to the statement, Governor Adeleke said the move was a precautionary step aimed at preventing any possible spillover of school kidnapping incidents into Osun State.

The governor also ordered the immediate strengthening of intelligence gathering around schools located in border communities and remote areas across the state.

Adeleke further directed the Osun Amotekun Corps to deepen collaboration with non-governmental peace and security organisations currently supporting security operations in schools.

“I assure parents and school authorities of the safety of pupils and students across the state,” the governor stated.

He added that the Special Adviser on Security Matters had been instructed to work closely with service commanders and relevant agencies to implement the new security measures.

Governor Adeleke said his administration remained committed to safeguarding pupils and students within the state’s educational system.

He noted that additional steps were being considered to further strengthen security in schools, particularly those located in rural communities.

“The existing Safe School Plan will be strengthened.

“The Commissioner for Education, Dipo Eluwole, and the Security Adviser must immediately meet to finalise the revitalisation plan,” Adeleke ordered.

Community Discussion

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Newpost Africa Footer